Profession: Senior brand manager at Singley+Mackie
Social Media Sites:
Facebook Fan Page: http://facebook.com/giddyupglutenfree
What living a healthy life means to me: Living a healthy life means keeping active and eating well. I believe the healthy lifestyle is the only lifestyle! I live gluten free, and I workout nearly daily. I enjoy the simple ways to health, and believe that this is the way we make a healthy lifestyle a habitual one!
My healthy living goals for the next year: Cook even more; come up with new recipes with minimal ingredients. My goal is to reduce any and all chemicals, additives, etc with an in my food! I’d also like to learn a new sport – this year it was snowboarding! I will also be attending the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. My goal is to sponge as much holistic nutrition information possible, and then use that information to enhance my healthy lifestyle and to share with others.
Five unexpected things about me:
1. I played ice hockey all throughout high school. I was the goalie.
2. I grew up on gravel roads, with cornfields on 3 sides of me.
3. In high school I ran the timed mile in no less than 11 minutes. My first half marathon (2009) was done in 1:46.
4. I could wake up every day at 6am and go to bed at 8pm. (Most days actually do look like this.)
5. I have colitis. I’m gluten free. And I’ve always controlled my stomach issues with food and diet vs. medication.