Age: 43, but feel 17!
Social Media Sites:
Web site: http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com
What living a healthy life means to me: When I first started working out, it was because I wanted to be “skinny.” Then I fell in love with feeling physically strong and realized how much mental fortitude I attained through physical challenges. It gradually dawned on me that the true reason to eat right and train hard is to enjoy life. So I eat with gusto. I train with focus. I live the rest of my life happily. And I no longer wish to be skinny; I live and thrive.
My healthy living goals for the next year: I recently committed to two goals: to do strength training twice a week so I can build muscle that will improve my running and CrossFit workouts… and to participate in at least one organized athletic event per quarter so i can get out in the community and share my workout with other people. And my underlying, ongoing, never-ending goal is to continue to fine-tune my nutrition to manage my everyday moods and my thyroid challenges.
Five unexpected things about me:
1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte is my favorite book, and I read it at least twice a year.
2. I’ve played the piano since I was 5 years old, and my iPod includes both Barry Manilow and Kid Rock.
3. I’ve watched every episode of “Star Trek: The Next Generation” at least once.
4. My left hand is 1/2 an inch larger than my right hand, and I’m a natural blonde.
5. My favorite lifts are overhead press and front squat, but combined they make a thruster, and thrusters are my arch nemesis.