Profession: Teacher, yoga instructor, student, artist
Web site: http://spicedplate.blogspot.com
What living a healthy life means to me: A healthy life is a balanced one. It is one where you are in tune with your body and its needs. For my body, a healthy life is one where I eat plenty of organic and local vegetables, whole gluten free grains and legumes, and vegetarian proteins and fats. I exercise daily, and practice (and teach) yoga and meditation. I believe that being healthy is essential not only on your body, but also your mind, heart, and soul. A healthy life is also filled with love, caring, and following your life’s pursuits.
My healthy living goals for the next year: This fall I plan on attending the School of Ayurveda at Kripalu Center in MA to work towards earning a certificate to become an ayurvedic practicioner. I also will continue to work on my blog, where I share ways to eat healthfully. I have been working towards completing the second series of asthanga yoga, and have incorporated weight lifting into my cardio routine. I am also keeping my brain and soul healthy through an increased meditation practice.
Five unexpected things about me:
1. Along with a passion for cooking, blogging and exercising, I teach home-schooled students various subject matter, I teach yoga, study ayurveda, and am an artist.
2. I don’t own a cell phone or iPod.
3. I enjoy waking up earlier than most people in the morning.
4. I have an obsession with spoons.
5. I haven’t trimmed my hair in a year and a half — but have no split ends!