Profession: Sports writer
Social Media Networks:
What living a healthy life means to me: I live in Broomfield, CO, 10 miles from the shadows of the foothills of the city I was born in – Boulder. A place where hiking boots and mountain bikes are as cherished as a nice car. I’m a weightlifter. Not to a body building level; my poor knees would scream in agony of carrying too much weight while I played basketball. But exercise is important to me. However, it is but one part of an equation that for me stretches from the gym to the kitchen to keeping stress levels down to finding a proper balance in life. A healthy life is head-to-toe, inside and out profile. I try and stick to that. I am not perfect. But I am happy. A daily habit of keeping me in mind has been the biggest contributor.
My healthy living goals for the next year: My biggest goals are outside of the gym. I have exercise covered to my satisfaction. My favorite stories in the magazine are of the self-improvement variety. The Four Agreements-type stuff. Becoming a more complete person in that respect.
Five unexpected things about me:
1. I’ll start with Harry Potter. Loved the series. Just saw the part 2 of the seventh installment. Fun and whimsical and dramatic and amusing. Amazing to think that story, with all of its intricacies and wonder, came out of one person’s head.
2. Love soccer. Watching it. Yep, one of the few in this country that does. Great sport.
3. One of my favorite events to watch is the BolderBoulder road race. Haven’t run in it, and I’ll just blame a bad knee for that, but the Memorial Day race in Boulder, CO, is as good as it gets for competition, camaraderie and patriotism.
4. Jazz is probably on in my car about 50 percent of the time.
5. I’m playing no fewer than five games of Words with Friends at any one time.