One of the most important relationships you’ll ever have is with yourself. By connecting with that wise being that dwells within you, you tap into your full power, energy and insight. You learn to access your higher self, move beyond rational thought and create with clarity.
Your inner wisdom is innate and always present. When you learn to listen to your inner guidance you’ll find it is much easier to create positive changes in your life. It simply takes a willingness to slow down, move beyond your conscious mind and connect to your inner guidance.
We’ve all experienced it. Think for a minute. How many times have you wished you’d trusted your initial instincts? How often have you said to yourself something along the lines of, “I knew better,” or “When will I learn to listen to myself?”
Now, think of the situations where you did listen to your intuition. The times where you felt a strong, clear direction and followed it, despite what your mind was telling you. Remember how everything seemed to fall right into place? This is when you said, “I had a feeling.”
Through a simple daily practice, you’ll learn to quiet your personality, create space and open to your intuitive mind. You’ll experience consciously connecting your whole mind and personal energy with all of the fields of information available to you. You’ll discover how to listen within and discern what actions are in your best interest. And you’ll begin to recognize your higher guidance in all of its form – thoughts, emotions, impressions, words and images.
Here’s a daily practice that will help you to tune in and establish a connection with your higher self. As you practice this connection technique, you will gradually find your inner wisdom is with you more and more of the time.
• Get in a comfortable position. You can sit or lie down. Keep your spine straight. Close your eyes and relax your body. Take several deep breaths through your nose – gently and slowly. Feel the air move as it moves through your nostrils and fills your lungs. As you exhale, feel all of the tension and stress flow out of your body.
• Now, imagine that your breath is flowing in and out of your heart. Think of a time when you felt great happiness, love or peace. With each breath, feel those positive emotions grow and spread throughout your body. Keep visualizing and breathing this way for about a minute.
• Silently say, “I am connected to all of my inner wisdom. I am so grateful for this guidance that is always there to assist me.”
• Take a few more deep breaths, in and out of your heart, and establish a strong connection with your higher self.
• Consciously tune in throughout the day to strengthen your discernment and make decisions using all of your inner-knowing.
Get good at living®,
Maryanne O’Brien is the founder of Live Dynamite, a life skills program that inspires, empowers and supports people to bring the best of who they are to everything they do.